Inspirations Dancewear is Canada's Dancewear Superstore. We're growing and looking for a full-time General Manager.
Our Managers are people who possess skills for leadership and a passion for teamwork, are problem solvers and real-talkers with a take-initiative attitude. If you are energetic, have a love for customer service, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence, you'll fit in with our awesome team.
Our GM succeeds through focusing on:
- Performance (sales, service, expense control)
- People (staff training/development, effective communication while managing/being managed & customer interaction excellence)
- Process (standard operating procedures)
- Meet/exceed goals for store sales and profitability.
- Collaborate in the development of effective plans and programs to achieve sales objectives.
- Identify underperforming metrics & develop strategies for improvement.
- Set an enthusiastic example in effective customer-centric sales.
- Be knowledgeable of products & communicate this information effectively to customers and the team.
- Oversee the execution of store visual and merchandising standards.
- Collaborate with logistics department to ensure a well stocked inventory.
- Demonstrate our company values and guiding principles interacting with both customers and the team.
- Provide regular performance feedback to associates.
- Coach, train and develop associates to meet and exceed company standards.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the team, establishing priorities and providing clear direction
- Train and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages team growth and engagement.
- Communicate openly with your management team informing of important developments, potential problems and related information.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure staff compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
- Meet goals for procedural excellence.
- Create a staff schedule that supports our operational and business goals.
- Support continuous improvement by collaborating to create and finetune policies and procedures.
- Coordinate communication of plans & activities with associates and other departments as necessary to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
Ideal candidates have:
- Experience in a retail environment.
- Leadership qualities.
- Positive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Passion for product knowledge & customer service.
- Appreciation for dance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Flexibility to work a combination of days, early evenings and weekends.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Drop off your resumé with a cover letter at the store, or email to: careers(at)inspirationsdancewear(dot)com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.