Shocks are designed to fit with the anatomy of your foot, so there is a left and a right Shock. It's important to put them on correctly each time, and make sure they are on the correct foot.
How to Put On my Infinite or Performance Shocks
- Put your Infinite/Performance Shocks on like you would put on tights.
- All Apolla Shocks are anatomically correct with a left and right foot.
- On the back inside cuff of the calf you will see a knit in "R" (right) and "L" (left). To know the correct foot to wear on.
- Make sure the knit-in energy absorption is facing the ground when you put them on.
- Roll the sleeve of the Shock down and scrunch down to the toes with your thumbs on the inside.
- Fill out the toes and ball of the foot.
- Completely stretch the sock back over your heel and pull it up over the calf.
- The Y stitch in the heel should hit the center of your heel diagonally.
- Smooth out any wrinkles so fabric lays flat on your feet and calves.
How To Put On My Apolla Alpha Shocks
Who knew we'd ever need videos to teach dancers how to put on socks. :) Well, here are a couple to show you how to do just that…
How To Put On the Apolla Alpha Shocks
How To Put On the Apolla Infinite & Performance Shocks
Tips for Putting Alpha Shocks on
Shocks are a compression garment. It takes practice to put them on quickly. However, it will become very easy once you have worn a few times.
Here are some suggestions for how to put on your Alpha Shocks:
- Put your Alphas on like you would put on tights.
- All Apolla Shocks® are anatomically correct with a left and right foot.
- Look for the highest point of the shock to know where the big toe of each foot should go.
- Make sure knit-in energy absorption is facing the ground when you put them on.
- Start with scrunching the opening with your thumbs down to the toes than stretch the toes in first.
- Once you have filled the fabric out completely with your toes and ball of the foot, stretch over the arch and bring the heel strap under your heel.
- Slip the heel strap behind your Achilles and lay the heel strap flat on your ankle and across the back of your Achilles tendon.
- The strap should lay comfortably touching the bottom your anklebone.
Inspirations Dancewear is Canada's Dancewear Superstore™, with our 13,000 sq ft Canadian retail store and warehouse full of year-round, in-stock dancewear.
Not sure where to start?
Check out our